Friday, February 24, 2012

L.A. Getaway

On a bit of a home tour kick this week, but can you blame me?  Print magazines have been off to a great start this year and have been publishing some of the most beautiful homes I've seen in a long time; Brooke Shields, Windsor Smith and Tory Burch to name a few. And speaking of Tory Burch, today I bring you her architect and designer Daniel Romualdez's winter getaway. 
Since 1993 Daniel has been creating chic and sophisticated residences for dream clients like Tory Burch and Aerin Lauder.  Can you even imagine?  What I love most about Romualdez's work is that every interior is one-of-a-kind, he is not someone with a signature style.  I mean, could his 1950s Beverly Hills home, pictured above, be any more different than Tory's sprawling East Coast estate?  The only similarity that I can find between the two is the pair of John Dickinson lamps and that's exactly what piques my curiosity!  Daniel's home, like his other designs, is unique and steers clear of cliché.  There are no Mies van der Rohe chairs or other expected choices to be had in this modern abode–he counters the hard edges of the architecture with soft upholstery and whimsical accessories like the killer Lalanne sheep (one day I will own one!).  It's definitely the kind of home that I would love to call my winter getaway.  How about you?

(Images Roger Davies for Architectural Digest January 2012)

7 comments :

  1. Perfection! I loooove this home - especially that dining room and bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you think that is a mink rug in the 1st pic??!! then on the bed too.
    holy cow!
    kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love the sheep!

    If you have a chance, enter my diamond earring giveaway :)

    http://brileeo.blogspot.com/2012/02/alexis-russell-is-new-york-jewelry.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rustic meets glam...my favourite!!

    Esther xx

    http://girlinapanama.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, this could easily be my great getaway. Love the chaise and sofa, and the wood accents and glam seem to fit so well together. Who knew?

    Great to find your site through Apartment 34.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a beautiful home. I love how light an airy it is!

    ReplyDelete